This is the highest certification level. This certification recognizes a center’s quality performance as meeting quality standards criteria. In addition to the requirements to become a Certified Quality Breast Center, the Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence applicant must have supplied 90% of the measures for which their quality breast center type should be able to measure performance.
- The breast center must hold a Certified Quality Breast Center designation and maintain their NCBC facility membership.
- The facility must supply data for 90% of the measures for which their quality breast center type should be able to measure performance
- This data must span two consecutive data collection periods. (A data period is a six-month range during which time data is collected according to the parameters of the indicator.)
- These two consecutive data collection periods being examined for certification must be within the last three years.
- For subsequent certifications, the two consecutive data periods must be after the two consecutive data collection periods and within the last two year’s data. A data period may be used only once for certification.
- In addition to completing 90% of the measures, the facility must have performed above the 25th percentile on 90% of the measures for which their quality breast center type should be able to measure performance during the two consecutive data collection periods being audited for certification.
- To substantiate data entry, the facility must submit de-identified raw data for six measures, which will be chosen by the NCBC.
- The first set of de-identified raw data shall be for three measures in the first consecutive data collection period; the second set of de-identified raw data shall be for three measures from the second consecutive data collection period.
*See below for additional guidelines that apply to all certifications
- The NCBC office acknowledges receipt of the application
- The NCBC notifies the center of the Review Panel’s findings regarding certification
- The NCBC, upon breast center certification, will send recognition materials to the contact person
- The NCBC will send a letter of acknowledgement and congratulations
- The NCBC will send a certificate valid for one year
- The Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence will be listed on the NCBC’s website as a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence
- The Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence may order a beautiful 14″ or 16″ nine prism recognition award to display in the breast center lobby or display case next to the Certified Participant and Certified Quality Breast Center Awards
Guidelines Applicable to ALL Certification Levels
- The facility is required to make application to become certified at this level. Annual applications are required to maintain certification.
- NCBC facility membership is required throughout.
- The facility must agree to maintain data used to answer NQMBC™ questions for a minimum of three years. This data may be requested in random audits to confirm valid responses.
- The facility must agree to a random audit of the submitted data for review by the NQMBC™. The NQMBC™ will, at their discretion, choose THREE questions in a specific time period to be audited. If requested, the facility must agree to submit de-identified data used to confirm correct procedures were used to answer this question. Audits will not occur frequently and will be used to confirm valid answers to quality measures.